Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well, I have begun to pack and make lists...and more lists...lists of lists even. I can't believe that this semester has finally come! I have been thinking about and planning this trip for four years now. I think I have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but I am expecting a few curveballs. For those just joining my adventure, I will give a back story:
I am in my 4th year as an Interior Architecture and Product Design student at Kansas State University. It is a five year Masters program, so I will have one full year left after I return from this semester abroad. I will be going abroad through a program conducted by Kansas State and in conjunction with Italart. The school that I will be attending is called Santa Chiara and is located in Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy. It is just a short train ride from Florence. I will be going over to Italy with 12 other K-State students and a K-State professor. I will be taking classes from the K-State professor, an Italian professor at the school, and from a local watercolor artist.
Each Wednesday is a field trip day, so I will have many opportunities to see different sites. There are also a couple of extended trips (4-5 days) that are included in the program. Also included in the program are meals that are cooked by local Italian ladies and a laundry service. The dining hall, classrooms and dormitory are conveniently all located in the same building. I will have two roommates from K-State and we will share a room and private bath.
Well, I had better get back to packing. I am going to do a trial run of my backpack and other luggage to make sure it is not overweight! I'll let you know how that goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment