Monday, January 25, 2010

I found out today that the airlines charge for a second bag on an international flight. However, both of my checked bags are under 40 pounds, so no oversized baggage fees bogged down this traveler. I guess this picture could be considered my first day of school picture taken with the new backpack.
I am sitting at the Kansas City Airport and so far so good. We had a few snow flurries last night, but this morning is looking pretty clear. There is supposed to be rain in D.C. so we may have a bit of a bumpy ride. Everyone in our group was here on time and most were 15 minutes early.

The 4:15 wakeup call definitely woke me and my roommate Laura up. We stayed at the Hyatt Place near the airport. Thanks Dad for the rewards points that got us a 42" flat screen and a very spacious room! I kept thinking how 'American' the hotel was and how it will compare to upcoming hotel stays. I took a really hot shower, as it may be the last time I can fully control the shower temp for the next few months. Well, I had better get all of my technology packed up so I can prepare for boarding. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment